Abstarct: Read this post for magical benefits of drinking water.
Your family doctor always recommends drinking lot of water(at least 8 glasses 2-3 litres) to keep good health. Have you ever thought why he stresses so much on this point? In earlier scientific and religious literature WATER IS CALLED AN ELIXIR OF LIFE. Elixir is anything(mostly liquid) that has magical, medicinal or healing properties . Scientists have confirmed in their studies that you can keep a hen live for 34 years provided you regularly change water from her body cells. How is it possible to change water? Very simple! Drink water after every 2-3 hours. By simple calculations if you sleep for 8 hours you can easily drink 8 glasses of water in 16 hours. The habit of drinking water helps you in detoxifying (removing toxic substances) your body. Although water may not act as a complete detoxifying agent but it definitely helps when real detoxing is done. And especially in scorching summer heat this WONDERFUL LIQUID can do real wonders. In my earlier post (money) I mentioned the economics of drinking water and doing a lot of saving by drinking water.You save money on coffee, coke or other costly beverages.You save money on cutting down on doctors visits.You save money on medicines and related treatments. You are more healthy. And since HEALTH IS WEALTH you can see for yourself how wealthy you are by following this simple technique. You can add a squirt of lemon, a squeeze of lime, a few sprigs of fresh mint or a cucumber or orange slice. You can even be so bold as to add a few berries or watermelon. Whatever gets you to drink it up. Most of the naturopaths advise the benefits of water by saying “Don’t medicate, just hydrate.”
Top 10 golden benefits of drinking water and saving money are:
- Increases Energy and Relieves Fatigue– Since your brain contains 80% water and body 70%, drinking it helps you think, focus and concentrate better and be more alert. As an added bonus, your energy levels are also boosted! You save lot of money.
- Promotes Weight Loss – Removes by-products of fat, reduces eating intake (by filling up your tummy if consumed prior to meals), reduces hunger (It is natural appetite suppressant!), raises your metabolism and has zero calories! Saves expensive gym fees.
- Flushes Out Toxins – Gets rid of waste through sweat and urination which reduces the risk of kidney stones and UTI’s (urinary tract infections). Saves money on medicines and hospital visits.
- Improves Skin Complexion – Moisturizes your skin, keeps it fresh, soft, glowing and smooth. Gets rid of wrinkles. It’s the best anti-aging treatment around! Saves money on expensive skin treatments.
- Maintains Regularity– Aids in digestion as water is essential to digest your food and prevents constipation. Again saves money on medicines.
- Boosts Immune System– A water drinker is less likely to get sick and will feel healthy the majority of the time? Drinking plenty of water helps fight against flu, cancer and other ailments like heart attacks.
Saving money again.
- Natural Headache Remedy– Helps relieve and prevent headaches (migraines,back pains too!) which are commonly caused bydehydration.
- Prevents Cramps & Sprains– Proper hydration helps keep joints lubricated and muscles more elastic so joint pain is less likely.
- Puts You in a Good Mood– When the body is functioning at its best, you will feel great and be happy! No need to take any depressants.
- Water isFREE!Even if you choose bottled/filtered water, it is still cheaper than high sugar pops and coffee.
But one thing is very important. To drink water in a right way. A plain full glass of water the first thing in the morning as soon as you get up after brushing your teeth is really helpful.It will ease out the gastrocolic reflex, which means, it stimulates your entire bowels and over a period of time can correct poor bowel habits.Water with some add-ons is also good, but its real effect varies from from person to person.But the point is, plain water in the morning is good for everyone.
Throughout the day drinking water after regular intervals is always good and these small changes go a long way. When water is taken by itself, it gets absorbed in the intestines and goes through kidneys thus regulating various body functions. But, if you drink a glass of water after eating a fiber-rich fruit or vegetable, the fiber absorbs the water before being absorbed by the intestines and as the fiber flows through the bowels, the water content also flows through and gives the effect of a sponge cleaning your bowels. This is an excellent remedy for constipation. This makes you to eat a good amount of fiber. Fiber not only cleans your bowels it tends to make you full quickly, but does not let you gain weight as quickly. So fiber helps in WEIGHT-LOSS too.
Good health and wellness is really just a way of life and sometimes as easy as making the best use of the water you drink.But one thing we should always keep in mind. You should not expect instant results. It always takes time for your body to get used to the new environment and habit.
START TODAY.IT IS NEVER TOO LATE.
But one thing we have to keep in mind.
Drinking too much water can lead to a situation called OVERHYDRATION. This situation in medical terminology is called Exercise-Associated Hyponatraemia (EAH).In simple terms, it means that if you drink too much water, this excess dilutes your body fluids so much that the sodium levels become life-threateningly low,causing cells to swell.That includes brain cells leading to loss of consciousness, seizures and even coma and death.For long-distance runners,this can be a particular hazard.With half-marathons and marathons being all the rage, runners while practicing must resist the temptation to tank themselves up with too much water.
Water intoxication is always on the cards if you believe you have to ‘stay ahead of thirst’ by drinking excessive quantities of fluids. To do so is entirely un-physiological.Drinking more water than you need increases your total blood volume and also pressures your kidneys into working overtime so as to excess water out of your circulatory system(blood). It is, however, incredibly rare for someone to die of dehydration in a temperate climate, not even sportsmen who sweat a great deal. The right way to drink water is on your TV. Have you seen
playing five sets of tennis games in the baking sun, sweating profusely and the way he drinks water He sips and does not gulp. He may sip at every end change, but certainly does not gulp. While exercising, you should balance how much water you drink to how much you are sweating out. All runners should know that over-consumption of fluids, whether it’s water or drinks,The International Marathon Medical Directors Association advocates ‘drinking to thirst’ and no more.
Five reasons to kick the cola away are:
- You will have a better smile.The sugar and acid in soft drinks dissolves tooth enamel (teeth shine) while the colouring in darker fizzy drinks leaves dark stains on teeth.
- You will reduce your risk of heart disease.The high fructose corn syrup (HFCS) in many soft drinks increases the risk of developing heart disease and diabetes.
- You will reduce your risk of osteoporosis.The phosphoric acid found in soft drinks can loosen a tight bolt, eat away metal, and leach calcium from the bones.
- You will reduce your risk of diabetes.The connection between excess sugar consumption and type 2 diabetes is well-known.